General contracting and peace of mind.
As a general contractor, NCS consistently, successfully and safely executes complex commercial, industrial and institutional construction projects throughout Canada and the U.S.
Our clients entrust our team with massive, complex commercial, institutional and industrial projects. Our single-source approach gives us a competitive advantage, and allows us to control quality assurance, cost and schedule. Our scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Roll Out Programs
- Ground Up Builds
- Gas Station Construction
- Tenant Improvements
- Equipment Installation
- Design Build
- Construction Management
Roll Out Programs
National, multi-store programs.
NCS efficiently executes national multi-store renovations and remodels to modernize franchise branding, products and/or services offered to customers. Stores can remain open during construction making safety and cleanliness essential to minimize impact to the customer experience.
- Experienced management team to coordinate logistics, purchasing, warehousing and installation
- Collaboration with stakeholders to minimize impact to their daily operations
- Highly experienced to eliminate or manage the multiplying effective associated with consecutive, multi-store renovations
Ground Up Builds
Build-to-suit. From breaking ground to handover.
NCS is an expert in general commercial, industrial and institutional construction. We oversee the entire construction process from bare, untouched land to pristine, turn-key facilities.
- Immediate access to in-house qualified and skilled tradespeople
- Clear and precise communication amongst multiple stakeholders including clients, owners, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers
- Strong relationships with municipalities to obtain timely permits and approvals
Gas Station Construction
Satisfaction in simplifying unique and complex projects.
NCS successfully executes a comprehensive portfolio of projects such as gas stations. In collaboration with third-party petroleum vendors, NCS executes complex, safety and environmentally sensitive projects with simplicity.
- Quickly and efficiency resolving unknown soil conditions and underground utilities
- Strong understanding of petroleum gas fittings, fueling equipment and commissioning of dispensers
- Creating and maintaining strong partnerships with petroleum vendors including Imperial Oil, Suncor and 7-Eleven
Transformation of existing, empty spaces to beautiful, functional operations.
NCS coordinates with franchises and franchise owners to transform existing, empty interior and exterior spaces to functional storefronts which are consistent with the brand’s signature design elements.
- Project execution in areas with high pedestrian and vehicle traffic
- Quickly and efficiently resolving challenges to accommodate fixed and limiting floorplans
- Proactively addressing design conflicts to achieve functionality and maintain beauty
Transformations to update and modernize your brand.
NCS coordinates with franchises and owners to transform existing interior and exterior spaces which is consistent with the brand’s latest signature design elements. Stores can remain open during renovations making safety and cleanliness essential to minimize impact to the customer experience.
- Noise and dust control to minimize impacts to the customer experience
- In-house expertise to correct existing electrical and HVAC issues to meet current code requirements
- Proactively identifying challenges and offering design solutions to achieve functionality and beauty
Outfitting stores with equipment to beautifully display and sell merchandise.
Upon completion of construction, NCS furnishes stores with state-of-the-art equipment and appliances used to showcase and sell merchandise. This is the final step of construction prior to the seamless handover to the client.
- Experienced on-site project team to coordinate receiving, unpackaging and installation of 100+ pieces of equipment and appliances from various suppliers
- Maneuvering and installation of equipment and appliances unique to each store’s needs and layout
- Quality control to ensure equipment and appliances are operational and in superb condition for the grand opening
Satisfying the distinctive needs, schedule and budget for owners.
In collaboration with the owner, NCS will deliver a comprehensive project design and execution that exceeds expectations. Our intention is to make unique and complex projects simple for owners, with proactive, solutions-orientated contracting.
- Clear, effective communication amongst owners, designs, subcontractors, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of building codes and construction methodologies to create beautiful, functional designs
- Flexibility and eagerness to adapt to owner adjustments, amendments and evolving needs
Design, preconstruction, procurement, construction and occupancy.
Our high performing team, monitors and controls all aspects of the project with particular emphasis on safety, quality, schedule and cost management. Our team is dynamic and agile, quickly providing solutions, not problems.
- Thoroughly overseeing all project aspects from project design to handover
- Experience collaborating with districts, municipalities and cities to fulfill building code requirements and minimize long lead times
- Identification and management of critical path activities to avoid fluctuations in schedule and budget
Scope of work:
We seek to exceed our client’s expectations in all areas of work:
- Turn key construction
- Project kick off
- District, municipal and city approvals
- Safety management
- Quality management
- Skilled, diverse workforce
- Site supervisors and project managers
- Procurement, shipping and receiving of materials
- Supplier and subcontractor management
- Fleet management
- Change order management
- Project handover
- Project close out
- Lessons learned